- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
HURT: Romney ticks off failed math of Obama’s four years
WASHINGTON — Thanks to the debates, we now know our country is being run by a couple of stoner college kids who spend most of their time slouched on the couch, watching TV, playing video games and doing drugs.
Vice President Biden goes for the laughing gas and thinks everything is hilarious. President Obama prefers reliving his glory days in Hawaii chilling with the “choom gang” smoking weed and dropping Xanax.
Thankfully, the president sobered up for last night’s debate and offered a much improved performance. Still, he averted the gaze of Mitt Romney and bore a sullen expression when called upon the carpet.
Mr. Obama’s only real obstacle last night was, well, his own record. The facts of the past four years weighed him down miserably. He tried spinning and weaving, but it was pitiful.
“I think you know better,” Mr. Romney told the audience after Mr. Obama went on a long jag about everything he has done to improve the economy.
“I can tell you that if you were to elect President Obama, you know what you’re going to get,” he said. “You’re going to get a repeat of the last four years.”
All the statistics and details so fluidly commanded by Mr. Romney draped around Mr. Obama like kelp in the ocean.
At one point, the president actually said: “The commitments I’ve made, I’ve kept.”
To which everyone responded with quizzical stares considering we had just heard about all the commitments he had failed to keep.
Then he said: “And those that I haven’t been able to keep, it’s not for a lack of trying.”
What? You kept them, Mr. President, or you TRIED to keep them? It’s that loss of brain cells.
But just to put in a plug for one more term, Mr. Obama added regarding all the commitments that he “kept” but actually failed to keep: “We’re going to get it done in a second term.”
So, he’s like the contractor who totally screws up your bathroom and then stands there while your toilet is overflowing onto the floor, perfectly willing to charge you again to fix the mess.
Mr. Obama also slid back into his old addiction to hope.
About the Author
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- HURT: The Rev. Al Sharpton: Once just a race hustler, now a snitching race hustler
- HURT: Baseball gives way to whine-ball
- HURT: Do liberals understand anything about operating a business?
- HURT: $75K a day over a pond: Your corrupt EPA thugs at work
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.