- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
McGladrey Classic 2012: Greg Owen takes early lead at Sea Island
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. — Greg Owen of England played bogey-free in ideal conditions Thursday for a 6-under 64 and the early lead in the first round of the McGladrey Classic at Sea Island.
Ryder Cup captain Davis Love III had reason to feel right at home on the course he has played for 35 years. Love opened with a 65 and was joined by another Sea Island resident, Zach Johnson. Also at 65 were Danny Lee and David Toms, playing in his final event of the year.
Jim Furyk was in the group at 66.
The McGladrey Classic is the second-to-last official event on the PGA Tour, with much of the focus on players trying to get in the top 125 on the money list to keep their PGA Tour cards.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.