- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
USC’s Lee has nation’s top receiving day since ‘07
Question of the Day
UAB linebacker Marvin Burdette made a school-record 24 tackles in a 55-45 loss to Tulane. His big outing followed consecutive 17-tackle outings against East Carolina and Houston.
Burdette averages a nation-leading 13 tackles.
FUMBLE PHENOM: Iowa State defensive back Durrell Givens is one of those guys who just has a nose for the football. The senior from Long Beach, Calif., recovered two fumbles and forced another in the Cyclones’ 35-21 win over Baylor.
Givens leads the nation with five fumble recoveries in eight games. He has forced three fumbles, tying for 17th.
HIGH-SCORING DUCKS: Oregon’s 70-14 win over Colorado padded the Ducks’ status as the highest scoring team in the land.
They’re averaging 53.4 points a game, just ahead of Louisiana Tech.
The Ducks have scored 40 or more points in 11 straight games and 30 or more in 21 straight _ the longest such streaks in the nation. Oregon is 40-2 when exceeding 30 points in the Chip Kelly era.
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq