- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
USC’s Lee has nation’s top receiving day since ‘07
UAB linebacker Marvin Burdette made a school-record 24 tackles in a 55-45 loss to Tulane. His big outing followed consecutive 17-tackle outings against East Carolina and Houston.
Burdette averages a nation-leading 13 tackles.
FUMBLE PHENOM: Iowa State defensive back Durrell Givens is one of those guys who just has a nose for the football. The senior from Long Beach, Calif., recovered two fumbles and forced another in the Cyclones’ 35-21 win over Baylor.
Givens leads the nation with five fumble recoveries in eight games. He has forced three fumbles, tying for 17th.
HIGH-SCORING DUCKS: Oregon’s 70-14 win over Colorado padded the Ducks’ status as the highest scoring team in the land.
They’re averaging 53.4 points a game, just ahead of Louisiana Tech.
The Ducks have scored 40 or more points in 11 straight games and 30 or more in 21 straight _ the longest such streaks in the nation. Oregon is 40-2 when exceeding 30 points in the Chip Kelly era.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.