- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
TCU’s Pachall arrested on suspicion of DWI
DALLAS (AP) - TCU quarterback Casey Pachall (PAW’-hall) has been arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Fort Worth police Sgt. Pedro Criado said Pachall was taken into custody early Thursday after he was pulled over for running a stop sign near TCU’s Fort Worth campus. Criado says Pachall’s blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit, but wouldn’t provide specifics.
A jail official in nearby Mansfield said Pachall was being held on $1,000 bond. There was no information on an attorney.
TCU coach Gary Patterson said was aware of the arrest and had no further comment.
In February, Pachall admitted to police that he smoked marijuana and failed a drug test two weeks before his roommate was arrested in a sting operation.
The 15th-ranked Horned Frogs have their first Big 12 home game Saturday against Iowa State.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.