- Calif. tourist community evacuated over suspected explosive device
- Obama to use executive seat to push private companies onto solar
- ‘X-Men’ director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing a boy
- Tennessee ammunition site explodes, killing 1
- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
Lawmakers say FCC squandered U.S. stimulus funds in U.K.
The SamKnows contract comes under scrutiny as the issue of U.S. funds going overseas surfaces on the presidential campaign trail.
While Republicans have criticized Mr. Obama’s stimulus program for projects linked to foreign companies, Democrats have attacked GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s years at Bain Capital, saying the firm invested in companies that sent U.S. jobs overseas.
During a press briefing over the summer, White House press secretary Jay Carney — asked about stimulus funds going overseas — said in some cases when money went to companies based overseas, they had operations in the U.S. and that the money still created “jobs for American workers here at home.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jim McElhatton is an investigative reporter for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- HHS nominee got $1.2M at 'zero' salary job at Wal-Mart
- Federal workers watch 'Star Trek' on clock
- Sen. Menendez pal Salomon Melgen collected $20 million from Medicare
- U.S. picks up $700 million tab for coalition's food and laundry in Afghanistan
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- DEAN: Team Obama: President Putin's pawns
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.