- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Inside Politics: McConnell hires campaign manager with Paul history
Pizza shop owner makes habit of candidate-grabbing
The Florida pizza shop owner who bear-hugged President Obama on Sunday is getting an extension on his 15 minutes of fame after power-lifting another politician.
Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist became the latest official Wednesday to be embraced by Scott Van Duzer, the 6-foot-3, 260-pound restaurateur who was caught by cameras last weekend lifting Mr. Obama off the ground during the president’s visit to Big Apple Pizza and Pasta in Fort Pierce, Fla.
Mr. Crist, a former Republican and current independent, told the Palm Beach Post on Wednesday that he was interested in meeting Mr. Van Duzer, a Republican and Obama supporter who has also bear-hugged television reporter and daytime talk show host Anderson Cooper in the past week.
“You know what I’m here for,” the former governor said, according to Mr. Van Duzer.
Mr. Crist, who unsuccessfully ran for the U.S. Senate in 2010 as an independent, is rumored to be considering another run for governor in 2014 as a Democrat.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Russia should be booted from FIFA World Cup, senators say
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again