- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Venus Williams, Washington Kastles win 2nd straight WTT title
Question of the Day
And also a lot of fun for the competitors. Williams entered the past two nights with her dog, Harold, dressed in a dog-sized Washington warm-up shirt. Williams was off the bench cheering her teammates when she wasn’t on the court.
It took the Kastles some time to adjust, though. The tennis league typically wraps up in midsummer after a three-week long season. This time, organizers pushed it to September because of the Olympic tennis competition and the string of established tournaments leading up to the U.S. Open.
Paes said the team was out of synch on Saturday night as it rallied to defeat the New York Sportimes and John McEnroe for the Eastern Conference finals. He never doubted his club would end on top. “We find solutions. We always have in my four seasons here,” said Paes, the world’s fifth ranked doubles player who completed the career Grand Slam with a doubles title at the Australian Open last winter.
Williams as a big part of Washington’s solution this time around. She smiled wide as she posed with teammates on Billie Jean King Court, the venue re-christening its main court for the tennis icon last April. Williams was grateful for the victory and excited about what’s she’s accomplished, both on and off the tennis court.
“This whole year’s been a fight,” Williams said. “But for me, the year’s been incredibly successful because of what I’ve been up against.”
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors