- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
Bills’ C.J. Spiller leaves with shoulder injury
CLEVELAND — Bills running back C.J. Spiller will not return to Sunday's game against the Browns because of an injured left shoulder.
The NFL's leading rusher was hurt as he was tackled after catching a short pass and picking up 25 yards. Spiller was in obvious pain as he stayed on the ground for several minutes before he was helped to his feet by trainers. He grasped his left arm as he walked off the field before being carted to the locker room for further evaluation and treatment.
The Bills announced late in the second quarter that Spiller would be back.
Spiller, who has been filling in for the injured Fred Jackson, came in averaging 10.1 yards per carry and leading the league with 292 rushing yards. He scored on a 32-yard screen pass in the first quarter to give the Bills a 14-0 lead. With the TD, Spiller has scored a touchdown in six consecutive games, the longest streak by a Buffalo player since Thurman Thomas' six-game streak in 1990.
Tashard Choice replaced Spiller, who had gained 16 yards on four carries and caught two passes for 42 before he was injured.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014