- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
SHOW BITS: Stewart drops f-bomb; Party starts
Question of the Day
MOMS GOT THEIR DUE FROM THE RED CARPET
Moms weren’t forgotten on the red carpet.
Rico Rodriguez, young star of “Modern Family,” brought his mother as his date, presenting her to the world as “the beautiful ma-ma.”
The pair were even featured in a prerecorded bit that tracked their progress in a limo from home to the Emmycast.
And earlier Stephen Colbert, while being interviewed with his wife at his side, took a moment to phone his 91-year-old mom on his cellphone to say hello.
“I’ve shouted at her `We’re on ABC!’” he told interviewer Josh Elliott.
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
A RED CARPET PROPOSAL
One Emmy attendee used the red carpet for more than just walking _ he got down on one knee and proposed to his date.
Security initially tried to shoo him off, but saw him reaching into his pocket for a ring and let the moment happen. With throngs of people cheering, he presented the ring and received a kiss, and presumably an answer “Yes,” as those nearby applauded the mystery couple.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyA
FROM 1 JIMMY TO ANOTHER
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq