- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
SHOW BITS: Stewart drops f-bomb; Party starts
MOMS GOT THEIR DUE FROM THE RED CARPET
Moms weren’t forgotten on the red carpet.
Rico Rodriguez, young star of “Modern Family,” brought his mother as his date, presenting her to the world as “the beautiful ma-ma.”
The pair were even featured in a prerecorded bit that tracked their progress in a limo from home to the Emmycast.
And earlier Stephen Colbert, while being interviewed with his wife at his side, took a moment to phone his 91-year-old mom on his cellphone to say hello.
“I’ve shouted at her `We’re on ABC!’” he told interviewer Josh Elliott.
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
A RED CARPET PROPOSAL
One Emmy attendee used the red carpet for more than just walking _ he got down on one knee and proposed to his date.
Security initially tried to shoo him off, but saw him reaching into his pocket for a ring and let the moment happen. With throngs of people cheering, he presented the ring and received a kiss, and presumably an answer “Yes,” as those nearby applauded the mystery couple.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyA
FROM 1 JIMMY TO ANOTHER
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Redskins free agency: 5 positions to watch
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again