- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
SHOW BITS: Stewart drops f-bomb; Party starts
Question of the Day
MOMS GOT THEIR DUE FROM THE RED CARPET
Moms weren’t forgotten on the red carpet.
Rico Rodriguez, young star of “Modern Family,” brought his mother as his date, presenting her to the world as “the beautiful ma-ma.”
The pair were even featured in a prerecorded bit that tracked their progress in a limo from home to the Emmycast.
And earlier Stephen Colbert, while being interviewed with his wife at his side, took a moment to phone his 91-year-old mom on his cellphone to say hello.
“I’ve shouted at her `We’re on ABC!’” he told interviewer Josh Elliott.
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
A RED CARPET PROPOSAL
One Emmy attendee used the red carpet for more than just walking _ he got down on one knee and proposed to his date.
Security initially tried to shoo him off, but saw him reaching into his pocket for a ring and let the moment happen. With throngs of people cheering, he presented the ring and received a kiss, and presumably an answer “Yes,” as those nearby applauded the mystery couple.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyA
FROM 1 JIMMY TO ANOTHER
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq