- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
TRIPLETT: On China’s many atrocities
CCP piles up human rights violations
Question of the Day
We are beginning to understand the extent of Chinese government firms’ pillaging of the resources of African countries, in league with their dictators. The People’s Liberation Army conducted a summer of missile demonstrations meant to intimidate China’s neighbors on all sides.
This is not a rain of dead cats — it is just the Chinese Communist Party’s current activities. If we were to go back beyond 12 months, the data would become unmanageable and the body count in at least the tens of millions.
President Reagan used to note that a fish rots from the head downward. When a country’s top leadership is selected in secret and not elected by the public, it has no legitimacy. Its illegitimacy spreads downward to the point where a corrupt local government official can commit a heinous act and the people have no recourse but armed rebellion. No one knows this more than the Chinese Communist Party rulers. It is no accident that virtually every one of the Red Revolutionary families has sent its next generation (and the family money) to safe havens in the West.
William C. Triplett II is former chief Republican counsel to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and co-author of “Bowing to Beijing” (Regnery, 2011).
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Get Breaking Alerts
- Calling prison term disparities unfair, Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House