- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Sept. 24-30)
Question of the Day
Pollster John Zogby grades the president's week and how the week's events affect his re-election chances:
"Unemployment claims hit their lowest level in months, with some leading economists suggesting that job growth is stronger. The president spoke to the world at the United Nations, but dissed the new president of Egypt by not including him in his schedule.
"Not a good move away from someone who is destined to play a critical role in any new peace initiatives and who is steering this very large country toward a more moderate Islamic model. But Mr. Obama appeared on 'The View,' which is a form of penance in itself. (Kidding!)
"The president still maintains a solid lead in most polls and is now leading in 7 of 9 battleground states. In fact, with new polling in Ohio by several organizations, Ohio is now in the "leans Obama" column. With new Wisconsin polling showing the same, today the President is at 265 electoral votes, needing only 5 more to win. Is it over? Of course not. Governor Romney is a seasoned debater and performed very well against tough Republican opponents earlier this year.
"An Obama gaffe, a global crisis, a strong debate performance — any one of these three puts Mr. Romney right back in the game. Two out of three changes the momentum of the race. Three is a blessing. But only one of those options is in his control."
Last week's grade: B
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Gun advocates credit new concealed carry laws for sharp drop in Chicago murder rate
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener