- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
Inside Politics: Pizza shop owner shows he’s a strong supporter of Obama
Question of the Day
Armed Services chairman visits Texas base, assesses scandal
The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee is assessing how the Air Force is responding to a widening sex scandal.
Republican Rep. Howard P. “Buck” McKeon of California traveled to Lackland Air Force Base on Sunday and met with four-star Gen. Edward Rice Jr., other military officials and 30 recruits during a three-hour visit. Investigators have said dozens of female recruits were sexually assaulted or harassed by their male instructors at the Texas base.
Mr. McKeon said officials were being diligent in their investigations and addressing problems at Lackland.
Military prosecutors have investigated more than a dozen instructors and charged six with crimes including rape and adultery.
Lackland is where every new American airman reports for eight weeks of basic training.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world