- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democrats only want laws they can use
Question of the Day
Democrats love to squawk about Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court ruling that allows corporations to donate to political campaigns. They don’t have a problem with 92 percent of the $75,000,000 unions gave to Democrats in 2008; nor do they admit that 55 percent of the $2 billion in PAC monies went to Democrats.
In the last election, President Obama received $27 million from lawyers and lobbyists, $1.2 million from the University of California, $815,000 from Microsoft, $805,000 from Google, $660,000 from Harvard University, $512,000 from Stanford University, $344,000 from the State Department and $320,000 from the Justice Department. The list goes on.Challenger Mitt Romney’s biggest supporters were banks and corporate America. The Bank of America and Goldman Sachs gave a little more than $1 million.If the Democrats get their way and overturn Citizens United, they can then work on a bill that would deny Republicans any campaign donations. Don’t laugh; they may try it.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens