- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democrats only want laws they can use
Democrats love to squawk about Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court ruling that allows corporations to donate to political campaigns. They don’t have a problem with 92 percent of the $75,000,000 unions gave to Democrats in 2008; nor do they admit that 55 percent of the $2 billion in PAC monies went to Democrats.
In the last election, President Obama received $27 million from lawyers and lobbyists, $1.2 million from the University of California, $815,000 from Microsoft, $805,000 from Google, $660,000 from Harvard University, $512,000 from Stanford University, $344,000 from the State Department and $320,000 from the Justice Department. The list goes on.Challenger Mitt Romney’s biggest supporters were banks and corporate America. The Bank of America and Goldman Sachs gave a little more than $1 million.If the Democrats get their way and overturn Citizens United, they can then work on a bill that would deny Republicans any campaign donations. Don’t laugh; they may try it.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Get Breaking Alerts
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Bill Clinton falls off vegan diet wagon but not vegan label
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Solution to Cyprus dispute is no 'mistake'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's real wealth redistribution scheme
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare numbers nothing to celebrate
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unanswered bus-crash questions
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lerner won't face meaningful punishment