- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
Ex-lawmakers join hearing: What if ETs live among us?
Former Rep. Lynn Woolsey, California Democrat, is one of a handful of ex-lawmakers meeting at the National Press Club in Washington for a five-day mock hearing on extraterrestrials living in the United States — and their impact.
The ex-lawmakers are being paid $20,000 each, The Blaze reported.
The event is being staged by Paradigm Research Group to include in a future documentary about ETs “engaging the human race,” The Blaze reported. It’s reportedly costing them $600,000 to host and will include the participation of an estimated 30 witnesses.
“The event is a milestone,” said Stephen Bassett, executive director of Paradigm, in The Blaze. “This has never been done before.”
Mr. Bassett also characterized the topic of discussion “the most important issue of this or any other time,” The Blaze reported.
The Blaze reported that former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel, a Democrat-turned-Libertarian, and four other lawmakers from both main parties are set to join Ms. Woolsey.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — 'recreational destruction'
- Lawmakers rail against Air Force rules on religious expression
- Obama family gifts, 2013 -- $1,500 to church; $3K for black causes
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: 'None of your business'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.