- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Ex-lawmakers join hearing: What if ETs live among us?
Former Rep. Lynn Woolsey, California Democrat, is one of a handful of ex-lawmakers meeting at the National Press Club in Washington for a five-day mock hearing on extraterrestrials living in the United States — and their impact.
The ex-lawmakers are being paid $20,000 each, The Blaze reported.
The event is being staged by Paradigm Research Group to include in a future documentary about ETs “engaging the human race,” The Blaze reported. It’s reportedly costing them $600,000 to host and will include the participation of an estimated 30 witnesses.
“The event is a milestone,” said Stephen Bassett, executive director of Paradigm, in The Blaze. “This has never been done before.”
Mr. Bassett also characterized the topic of discussion “the most important issue of this or any other time,” The Blaze reported.
The Blaze reported that former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel, a Democrat-turned-Libertarian, and four other lawmakers from both main parties are set to join Ms. Woolsey.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Woman born male sues CrossFit for gender discrimination
- Darrell Issa pressed by Black Caucus to say sorry to Elijah Cummings
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
- Teen on deathbed awakens as family sings hymns
- Staples shuttering 225 stores by mid-2015
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on nonprofit hospital
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Obama goes from lame to laughable in just one week
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again