- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Haunting final photo of Martin Richard, 8, as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev lurks
This photograph, taken from a surveillance camera in Boston and posted on Twitter, shows one of the suspects of the Boston Marathon bombing in the same frame with a boy who appears to be 8-year-old Martin Richard, who was killed in one of the blasts.
The circle at bottom right appears to be a backpack or a package.
Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, seen with his white baseball hat worn backwards, is now on the run from police in nearby Watertown, Mass. A standoff appears to be developing in the Boston bedroom community.
Martin was one of three people killed in the blasts, along with Krystle Campbell, 29, and Lingzi Lu, 20.
The girl standing to the left of Martin in the photo is believed to be his 7-year-old sister Jane, who lost a leg in the blast. His mother, Denise, also suffered serious injuries, according to the Boston Globe.
Martin’s dad, Bill, has asked supporters to pray for the family.
“My wife and daughter are both recovering from serious injuries,” Bill Richard said. “We thank our family and friends, those we know and those we have never met, for their thoughts and prayers.”
“I ask that you continue to pray for my family as we remember Martin.
“We also ask for your patience and for privacy as we work to simultaneously grieve and recover. Thank you,” he added in a statement obtained by the Associated Press.
Martin, a big Boston Bruins fan, was honored with a makeshift shrine outside the TD Garden during the Bruins’ game against Buffalo Wednesday night. Someone hung a black Bruins shirt, with Martin’s name and the number 8 on the back, on the iconic statue of Bobby Orr outside the arena.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Dave Boyer is a White House correspondent for The Washington Times. A native of Allentown, Pa., Boyer worked for the Philadelphia Inquirer from 2002 to 2011 and also has covered Congress for the Times. He is a graduate of Penn State University. Boyer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obama starts Asia trip despite Philippine protests
- White House warily watching N. Korea nuke activity ahead of Obama tour of Asia
- 38 Republicans put aside differences for lawsuit challenging legality of Obamacare
- Obama to renew pitch for big free-trade agreement
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama and Boehner congratulate U.S. men's hockey on win over Russia
- Americans say income gap will shrink if government butts out, poll shows
- WH spokesman Jay Carney recognizes beard's 'insufficiency,' shaves it off
- Obama misses deadline again on budget
- Biden burns rubber in driveway, laments road restrictions
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014