- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
3 people killed in chopper crash while filming reality TV show
Three people were killed Sunday after their helicopter crashed in a rural area of northern Los Angeles County, while filming for a new reality TV show for the Discovery Channel, The Associated Press reports.
The show had not yet been aired or announced by Discovery, channel spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg said.
"A production company was shooting a show for Discovery Channel when this tragic accident occurred," Discovery said in a statement. "We are all cooperating fully with authorities. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families."
The aircraft crashed at about 3:40 a.m. at the filming location of Polsa Rosa Ranch, Los Angeles County Fire dispatcher Robert Diaz told reporters. All three people aboard the helicopter died, according to the AP. Their identities have not yet been released, and the cause of the crash is undetermined.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- U.N. warns of Muslim 'cleansing' in Central African Republic
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Nation's first center that provides abortions and birthing opens in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Tattoo artist draws outrage for inking his dog
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Extra charge on the bill reminds everyone who's paying
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 'Holy grail of guitars' among those in N.Y. auction
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again