- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
HURT: Obama’s agenda is simple — take more of your money
Question of the Day
The state of our union, President Obama now tells us with “renewed” confidence, is “stronger.”
Stronger than what, exactly? The deepest bowels of a recession?
“There is much progress to report,” he says, dreamily.
Tell that to the millions of Americans who are still unemployed.
Tell that to the broken taxpayers who have shouldered the burdens of all his bailouts and government schemes-gone-bust.
Tell that to the generations to come, for whom the American Dream has been sold downriver in order to pay for trillions of dollars in debt with which he has saddled them.
Even with all the damage already done, a president without an agenda is a dead duck.
And this president could not imagine an agenda that didn’t cost a fortune of your money.
So he ticked off his list of projects to tackle in his second term from gun control to global warming to immigration to raising the minimum wage.
In case you are one of those mathy types out there wondering how much further into debt Mr. Obama will fling us to accomplish all this — well, don’t you worry your silly little heads.
“Nothing I’m proposing tonight should increase our deficit by a single dime,” Mr. Obama explained. “It’s not a bigger government we need, but a smarter government that sets priorities and invests in broad-based growth.”
So, there you have it.
Of course, when it comes to math, you got to watch what Mr. Obama says. Especially when it is your money he is playing with.
Remember four years ago when he promised that his plans would cut the deficit in half during his first term?
“This will not be easy,” he warned at the time. “It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay – and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”
So, instead of cutting the deficit in half, he grew the debt by more than half. Which is why it now stands at about $16 trillion as opposed to the roughly $10 trillion when he took office.
Like I said, your money. Not his concern.
Now he’s got yet another big new plan for the government to create jobs. It must, he told Congress during his State of the Union address, “be the North Star that guides our efforts.”
This guy is so delusion, he still thinks the North Star is following him around.
It got so thick in the chamber that even Mr. Obama’s vice president had a hard time keeping it together.
John Boehner looked downright stoic sitting next to Joe Biden, who kept wiping tears from his eyes as Mr. Obama kept dropping whopper after whopper.
Finally, just to keep up, Mr. Biden whipped out a pair of rose-colored glasses. He put them on and smiled.
• Charles Hurt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq