- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Key dates in the history of Comcast Corp.
2008 _ Comcast and other companies invest in wireless broadband provider Clearwire Corp.
2009 _ Comcast continues to attract DSL subscribers from phone companies to become the nation’s largest Internet service provider. It also becomes the third-largest phone company. GE agrees to sell controlling stake in NBCUniversal to Comcast.
2011 _ Comcast completes deal for NBCUniversal after the government approves it, with conditions intended to prevent it from keeping NBC programming to itself at the detriment of other cable operators and video websites. Comcast pays $6.2 billion in cash and contributes its pay TV networks such as E! and The Golf Channel worth $7.25 billion.
2012 _ NBCUniversal sells some wireless spectrum and its stake in A&E Television Networks to Disney and Hearst, giving it enough cash to speed up its acquisition of the rest of NBCUniversal. In December, Comcast appends NBC’s peacock logo on top of its corporate name in a new logo of its own. Comcast ends the year with 22 million subscribers.
SOURCES: Comcast Corp., AP research
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again