- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Carnival cancels 12 cruises after Triumph fire
Question of the Day
HOUSTON — Carnival Cruise Lines says it is cancelling another 12 voyages for the disabled ship that is being towed to Alabama after an engine room fire left it powerless at sea.
The cruises aboard the Triumph were to take place from Feb. 21 through April 13. Those cancellations are in addition to two other cruises that were called off shortly after Sunday's fire.
The company says passengers will be fully refunded and get discounts on future cruises.
There are more than 4,000 people aboard the ship, which is expected to be towed into Mobile on Thursday.
The Triumph has had other mechanical problems recently that delayed a voyage in late January.
Passengers aboard the disabled vessel have reported dismal conditions. Carnival has disputed those claims.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq