- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
Cisco’s fiscal 2Q earnings rise above Street views
Question of the Day
The results for Cisco’s fiscal second quarter received a big boost from tax benefits and credits totaling $926 million, or 17 cents per share. Even without those one-time gains, the company earnings still would have been slightly better than the previous year.
Excluding the tax lift and certain accounting charges, Cisco said it earned 50 cents per share. That was 2 cents per share above the average estimate of analyst surveyed by FactSet.
Revenue edged up 5 percent to $12.1 billion, in line with analyst forecasts.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world