- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Thousands mourn slain LAPD officer
Question of the Day
Thousands of mourners gather Wednesday for the funeral of a Riverside police officer believed to have been gunned down a week ago by ex-Los Angeles policeman Christopher Dorner.
Uniformed police officers packed Grove Community Church to mourn Officer Michael Crain, 34, The Daily Mail reports.Speakers praised the officer's 11 years of service with the Riverside police, and his wife, Regina Crain, spoke of their relationship as perfect, The Mail reports.
"Every day got better, every day we renewed our love and I knew how much he loved me and how much he loved those babies," she said, referring to their son, Ian, 10, and 4-year-old daughter, Kaitlyn.
Mr. Crain, a former Marine, will be buried at Riverside National Cemetery.
Just Tuesday, Christopher Dorner was believed to have died in a burning cabin in Big Bear, Calif., after a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy was fatally shot and another critically injured in an exchange of gunfire.
The police said on Tuesday that they were almost certain the burned body found inside the cabin was Mr. Dorner, but have not yet confirmed the reports.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Killer's sentencing overturned because mother couldn't find seat in courtroom
- Hundreds gather at Lincoln Memorial to honor Korean War veterans
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world