- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
Allmendinger tries out car for Penske at Sebring
Will Power, who raced briefly in Champ Car with Allmendinger, wasn’t surprised his would-be teammate was adapting quickly.
“It didn’t take him long,” Power said. “You can imagine after a couple of tests he will be probably right back on top of things again, like, setting the pace, so, it’s good, good for us to have someone quick as him.”
Allmendinger said awaiting a verdict on sponsorship would not be difficult, even with so much out of his hands.
“You see my last six months? I’ve been waiting for a long time,” he said. “The waiting doesn’t matter to me. All this process I’ve learned a lot about myself and become a better person. As bad as it sounds, it’s the truth in life. All you can do is take care of yourself and do the things you can control. … I never expected this phone call to begin with. I’m already happier than I’ve ever been.”
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- BRUCE: The power of 'bossy'
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014