- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Teen making history as 4th black driver in NASCAR
Question of the Day
He can win. But can he lead? The next generation of black golfers never followed Woods for much of the same reasons it’s hard to crack NASCAR. The sport is expensive and opportunities are few. And, it’s unfair to place the burden of a revolution on one athlete.
But it’s time for a change.
“It’s not about the color of your skin or your gender, it’s about your abilities,” four-time Cup champ Jeff Gordon said after Danica Patrick won the Daytona 500 pole.
For now, at least he has the name for a NASCAR star. Darrell, Wallace, Junior. That’s a tripleheader of iconic NASCAR names that have deep roots in the sport. His team came up with a slogan: “Darrell not Waltrip. Wallace not Rusty. Junior not Dale.”
Funny stuff for an easygoing teen who just wants to race while the hype of his achievement swirls around him.
“If you think about it much, you’ll end up messing up,” he said.
He thought about it for a second, then added:
“I won’t mess up.”
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq