- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
TOLOCZKO: U.S. moving backward on missile capability
National security under attack
View Entire Story
One little unfriendly missile, conventional or nuclear, is all it would take to rain death, panic and economic devastation upon the United States.
Likely emboldened by looming sequestration incepted by the Obama White House and now hung around the neck of Republicans as if it were a petard of their own making, America’s enemies are moving forward with improved offensive missile capabilities and the ability to attack our homeland.
North Korea recently completed several successful tests demonstrating rapid advances that threaten their neighbors – and us. These include a satellite missile launch, testing an intercontinental missile booster engine and triumphantly igniting an underground nuke.
Iran enjoys robust missile technology trade with North Korea and the largest ballistic missile arsenal in the Middle East. Yemeni officials recently intercepted an Iranian ship containing Russian anti-aircraft missiles intended for radical Islamists headquartered in Yemen. Hamas and Hezbollah have no qualms about using rockets and missiles against our ally Israel (13,000 since 2001), and Syria uses them against its own people.
Russia is lobbying the Obama administration – with some success – to limit our defensive missile capabilities and conflate “offensive” and “defensive” weapons in global initiatives such as the START treaty. China’s missile arsenal is growing faster than the Pentagon can count.
Our enemies’ missile capacity is expanding rapidly. They are going forward; we are going backward.
Against bolder threats, the White House is diminishing defensive resources through outright cuts and now, sequestration. Our best defense against missile attacks from state or non-state lunatics is some combination of Ground Based Interceptors (GBIs) in Alaska and California and the ship-based Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) program, which creates a protective web of land and sea missile interceptors.
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
Get Breaking Alerts
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- DeLAY: Hearings offer ripe target in Obamacare battle
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable