- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
Notre Dame adds DL Vanderdoes, signs 24 recruits
Question of the Day
“That impacts your program, I’m telling you,” Kelly said. “It impacts the way you practice. You don’t get a chance to tackle quite as much, and all those things begin to show themselves when you’re below the scholarship numbers.”
The Irish also added two wide receivers with famous fathers: wide receiver Torii Hunter Jr., whose father signed with the Detroit Tigers in the offseason, and Corey Robinson, whose father, David, was a Hall of Fame basketball player with the San Antonio Spurs.
Recruiting analyst Tom Lemming of CBS College Sports called the recruiting class Notre Dame’s best since 2008, when the Irish had the consensus No. 2 class. That class featured Michael Floyd, tight end Kyle Rudolph, defensive back Robert Blanton and linebacker Darius Fleming. Each was an NFL draft pick.
Lemming said the key for the Notre Dame coaching staff is to follow this year’s class up with another strong class next year.
“If you want to be in Alabama territory that means you have to put four great classes back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Notre Dame has not been able to do that. So depth-wise, talent-wise they’re not able to practice as hard as Alabama is because one guy goes out they have another guy just as good to come in. Notre Dame didn’t have that luxury,” he said.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq