- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter's list of its 10 best stories of the week:
JAY-Z'S ANNIE REMAKE: MEET THE MAN WHO MADE IT HAPPEN
Broadway lyricist Martin Charnin owns the rights but "hated" both previous filmed versions.
GRAMMYS 2013: WHERE TO PARTY WITH JAY-Z, CARLY RAE JEPSEN AND CEE LO GREEN
Industry insiders can choose among charity galas, VIP affairs and the best performances _ like Justin Timberlake at the Palladium _ before and after the Feb. 10 awards.
THR NAMES MUSIC'S 35 TOP HITMAKERS
Behind the songs of Katy Perry, Rihanna, Pink and Taylor Swift are the songwriters, producers and execs who make it all possible.
THR'S HITMAKER 2013: HOW PRODUCER MAX MARTIN SOLD 135 MILLION SONGS
The Swedish phenom who tops THR's inaugural list is responsible for Britney Spears, `N Sync and Pink's greatest hits.
JACK WHITE FRONTS THR'S 2ND ANNUAL MUSIC ISSUE
THR gets up close and personal with the quirky rock contrarian who won't rehearse for the Grammys, reneged on "The Lone Ranger" and "loves to f---" with his haters.
WHY MUSIC BIOPICS ARE A NIGHTMARE TO MAKE
Hendrix, Joplin, Cobain: How a complicated tangle of rights is preventing their stories from being filmed.
TV PILOT SEASON: JOHN CUSACK, JASON CLARKE TOP NETWORK WISH LISTS
Rose Byrne is also in the mix as big names weigh potential series commitments.
WHY MALIBU IS NOT OK WITH THE CHEVY MALIBU
The mayor of L.A.'s tony coastal enclave tells THR: "We thought it was time to use our fame for the advantage of our residents."
MELISSA McCARTHY SETS UP THREE NEW MOVIES
The actress and her partner, husband Ben Falcone, are developing projects at Universal and Fox and have launched a new company called On the Day.
WHY EVEN DVR WON'T SAVE `SMASH' RATINGS (ANALYSIS)
The NBC drama would need an unprecedented surge (triple digits!) to salvage its catastrophic premiere.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors