- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Fatal stabbing is District’s first homicide of 2013
A man was fatally stabbed Thursday afternoon in Southeast D.C. near the Good Hope Marketplace, marking the city’s first homicide of the year.
Police on Friday identified the victim as 40-year-old Raasheem Jamal Rich of Northeast.
Officers were searching for two suspects in the stabbing, both of whom were described as men wearing a yellow reflective work vests, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.
The stabbing happened around 3:30 p.m. in the 2800 block of Alabama Avenue Southeast. The man, whose identity has not been released but who was described as approximately 40 years old, was stabbed in the stomach and chest, according to police.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray, CFO over budget autonomy law
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray over budget autonomy law
- Guilty verdict in execution-style killings of 2 women, 2 children in Lanham
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014