- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
STEVEN SPIELBERG’S `ROBOPOCALYPSE’ POSTPONED INDEFINITELY (EXCLUSIVE)
The DreamWorks film, with distribution from Fox and Disney, was set to hit theaters in 2014.
SCIENTOLOGY’S SEDUCTION OF TOM CRUISE, ROLE IN NICOLE KIDMAN SPLIT DETAILED
THR’s exclusive excerpt from Pulitzer Prize-winning writer Lawrence Wright’s new book reveals how the church came between Cruise and Kidman, leader David Miscavige’s intense courtship of the star, Bill Clinton’s advice to the actor on how to lobby Tony Blair and how Cruise once told Miscavige, “If f–ing Arnold can be governor, I could be president.”
SCIENTOLOGY BOOK EXCERPT: `THE CHURCH HAD JOHN TRAVOLTA TRAPPED’
Threats, a baby taken away, punishment: Extraordinary details of the tortured relationship between the actor and his handler, Spanky Taylor, as told by Pulitzer Prize-winning New Yorker writer Lawrence Wright in his revelatory new history of the controversial religion, excerpted exclusively in THR.
THE RISE OF LENA DUNHAM: FROM THE NYC ART SCENE TO HOLLYWOOD LIGHTNING ROD
The “Girls” creator enthralled Judd Apatow and the late Nora Ephron despite attacks on her age, her politics and all those nude scenes.
FROM EMMA STONE TO JENNIFER HUDSON, 12 REALITY STARS-TURNED-ACTORS
The “Gangster Squad” star and the “Smash” singer-actress are just two of the many stars who have used the unscripted genre as a catapult to launching a successful acting career.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Inside the sport of hockey from a scout’s perspective
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
White House pets gone wild!