- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
WHY `THE WALKING DEAD’ KILLED OFF ITS LATEST SHOWRUNNER
GERARD DEPARDIEU’S BIZARRE PATH TO RUSSIAN CITIZENSHIP
From the first tax fight to Vladimir Putin’s open arms, how the French actor gave up Gaul for good.
HOW HARVEY WEINSTEIN STANDS TO MAKE MILLIONS FROM `THE HOBBIT’
THR breaks down the contracts as two studios, Peter Jackson and others reap millions from Middle Earth.
HOW `ZERO DARK THIRTY’S’ TORTURE COULD HELP ITS OSCAR CHANCES
Kathryn Bigelow’s film — the subject of a Senate investigation — could see a rise in ticket sales and Academy awareness.
STEVEN SPIELBERG’S `ROBOPOCALYPSE’ POSTPONED INDEFINITELY (EXCLUSIVE)
The DreamWorks film, with distribution from Fox and Disney, was set to hit theaters in 2014.
SCIENTOLOGY’S SEDUCTION OF TOM CRUISE, ROLE IN NICOLE KIDMAN SPLIT DETAILED
THR’s exclusive excerpt from Pulitzer Prize-winning writer Lawrence Wright’s new book reveals how the church came between Cruise and Kidman, leader David Miscavige’s intense courtship of the star, Bill Clinton’s advice to the actor on how to lobby Tony Blair and how Cruise once told Miscavige, “If f–ing Arnold can be governor, I could be president.”
SCIENTOLOGY BOOK EXCERPT: `THE CHURCH HAD JOHN TRAVOLTA TRAPPED’
Threats, a baby taken away, punishment: Extraordinary details of the tortured relationship between the actor and his handler, Spanky Taylor, as told by Pulitzer Prize-winning New Yorker writer Lawrence Wright in his revelatory new history of the controversial religion, excerpted exclusively in THR.
THE RISE OF LENA DUNHAM: FROM THE NYC ART SCENE TO HOLLYWOOD LIGHTNING ROD
The “Girls” creator enthralled Judd Apatow and the late Nora Ephron despite attacks on her age, her politics and all those nude scenes.
FROM EMMA STONE TO JENNIFER HUDSON, 12 REALITY STARS-TURNED-ACTORS
The “Gangster Squad” star and the “Smash” singer-actress are just two of the many stars who have used the unscripted genre as a catapult to launching a successful acting career.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again