- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter's list of its 10 best stories of the week:
THR COVER: TINA FEY AND AMY POEHLER SPILL GOLDEN GLOBE SECRETS
The "Saturday Night Live" BFFs reveal who gave them advice, how they'll deal with the ghost of Ricky Gervais and when Fey's daughter will be Miss Golden Globe.
WHY `THE WALKING DEAD' KILLED OFF ITS LATEST SHOWRUNNER
Insiders tell THR that "very protective" comic book writer Robert Kirkman was one of many who clashed with now-fired Glen Mazzara.
GERARD DEPARDIEU'S BIZARRE PATH TO RUSSIAN CITIZENSHIP
From the first tax fight to Vladimir Putin's open arms, how the French actor gave up Gaul for good.
HOW HARVEY WEINSTEIN STANDS TO MAKE MILLIONS FROM `THE HOBBIT'
THR breaks down the contracts as two studios, Peter Jackson and others reap millions from Middle Earth.
HOW `ZERO DARK THIRTY'S' TORTURE COULD HELP ITS OSCAR CHANCES
Kathryn Bigelow's film -- the subject of a Senate investigation -- could see a rise in ticket sales and Academy awareness.
STEVEN SPIELBERG'S `ROBOPOCALYPSE' POSTPONED INDEFINITELY (EXCLUSIVE)
The DreamWorks film, with distribution from Fox and Disney, was set to hit theaters in 2014.
SCIENTOLOGY'S SEDUCTION OF TOM CRUISE, ROLE IN NICOLE KIDMAN SPLIT DETAILED
THR's exclusive excerpt from Pulitzer Prize-winning writer Lawrence Wright's new book reveals how the church came between Cruise and Kidman, leader David Miscavige's intense courtship of the star, Bill Clinton's advice to the actor on how to lobby Tony Blair and how Cruise once told Miscavige, "If f---ing Arnold can be governor, I could be president."
SCIENTOLOGY BOOK EXCERPT: `THE CHURCH HAD JOHN TRAVOLTA TRAPPED'
Threats, a baby taken away, punishment: Extraordinary details of the tortured relationship between the actor and his handler, Spanky Taylor, as told by Pulitzer Prize-winning New Yorker writer Lawrence Wright in his revelatory new history of the controversial religion, excerpted exclusively in THR.
THE RISE OF LENA DUNHAM: FROM THE NYC ART SCENE TO HOLLYWOOD LIGHTNING ROD
The "Girls" creator enthralled Judd Apatow and the late Nora Ephron despite attacks on her age, her politics and all those nude scenes.
FROM EMMA STONE TO JENNIFER HUDSON, 12 REALITY STARS-TURNED-ACTORS
The "Gangster Squad" star and the "Smash" singer-actress are just two of the many stars who have used the unscripted genre as a catapult to launching a successful acting career.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.