- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013: Capsules on top men
Question of the Day
Last 5 Australian Opens: `12-4th, `11-3rd, `10-SF, `09-QF, `08-F
Topspin: Lost in five sets to Djokovic in French Open quarterfinals, lost in four sets to Murray in Wimbledon semifinals. … Big serve and forehand make him a threat at Melbourne Park, where he’s had more success than any of the other three Grand Slam venues. … Has the talent to succeed but has been inconsistent _ went 1-15 against top-10 players in 2012 after 10-13 record in 2011.
2012 Match Record: 45-20
2012 Singles Titles: 2
Career Singles Titles: 3
Last 5 Australian Opens: `12-3rd, `11-4th, `10-Did Not Play, `09-DNP, `08-DNP
Topspin: Led the ATP World Tour in 2012 in percentage of service games won (93) and percentage of first-serve points won (82) and break points saved (74); ranks second to John Isner in total aces. … Was the youngest player in the year-end top 20. … Led Canada into the 2013 Davis Cup World Group. … At 6-foot-5, and armed with a huge serve, Raonic is regularly mentioned as an up-and-coming player to watch. … In seven career Grand Slam appearances, only twice made it past the third round.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay comments
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow