- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Washington Capitals: How I spent my NHL lockout
Question of the Day
Capitals players were skating for a long time before the official start of camp Sunday. But their most recent game experience varies. Here’s how each guy spent the NHL lockout:
Player, Pos., Age, Lockout experience
Braden Holtby, G, 23, Played for Hershey Bears (American Hockey League)
Michal Neuvirth, G, 24, Played for HC Sparta Praha (Czech Extraliga)
Karl Alzner, D, 24, Skated in Calgary
John Carlson, D, 23, Skated in Washington
Mike Green, D, 27, Skated in Washington
Roman Hamrlik, D, 38, Skated in Montreal
Jeff Schultz, D, 26, Skated in Calgary
John Erskine, D, 32, Skated in Kingston, Ont.
Jack Hillen, D, 26, Skated in Minnesota
Cam Schilling, D, 24, Played for Hershey Bears (American Hockey League)
Alex Ovechkin, LW, 27, Played for Dynamo Moscow (Kontinental Hockey League)
Nicklas Backstrom, C, 25, Played for Dynamo Moscow (Kontinental Hockey League)
Brooks Laich, F, 29, Played for Kladno Flyers (Swiss National League A)
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors