- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded: report
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
News Summary: WSJ says Apple cutting parts orders
THE REPORT: The Wall Street Journal reports that Apple Inc. has cut its orders for iPhone 5 components due to weaker-than-expected demand.
THE DETAILS: The newspaper said that two people it did not identify by name told it that Apple’s first-quarter orders for iPhone 5 screens have dropped to about half of what the company had previously planned to order.
THE REASON: The move is a sign that sales of the new iPhone haven’t been as strong as previously expected. It comes as Apple faces increased competition from Samsung Electronics Co. and other makers of smartphones that run Google Inc.’s Android operating system.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014