- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media complicit in Obama’s abuse of power
Question of the Day
Joe Klein's most recent narcissistic Time magazine column, "Obama's Second Chance," is nothing less than a propaganda-laden media victory lap celebrating the fact that Americans were deceived into re-electing the current president.
However, Mr. Klein's Republican bashing conveniently ignores the facts that a Democrat, former President Bill Clinton, caused the housing and finance crash, which was falsely blamed on President George W. Bush. It also neglects to mention that President Obama increased the national debt by $6 trillion, manufacturing health care and financial crises along the way. All this resulted in rushing overreaching health care and finance laws through a Democrat-controlled Congress. It also fails to mention how Mr. Obama issued executive orders and edicts on immigration and energy -- until this abuse of power was delayed by Republicans taking back the House of Representatives in 2010.
Unfortunately for the nation, Mr. Klein and his ilk are nothing more than active members of Mr. Obama's rooting section, people who know very well that this second-term president is merely carrying out his promise to fundamentally transform America for the worse by any means necessary. The liberal press could be responsible for aiding the abuse of power by the man who quickly is becoming the most unconstitutional president in history.
DANIEL B. JEFFS
Apple Valley, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis