- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
Mickelson still fighting flu-like symptoms
In two player-friendly changes last year, the tournament was shortened from 90 to 72 holes and the foursome structure the first three days was switched from one pro and three amateurs to two pros and two amateurs.
“I like the new format where you play with another pro every day,” David Toms said. “It’s a little somewhat easier to concentrate, I would say, and feels more like a normal event. I think they have really tried to step it up as far as the environment for the players.”
The celebrity competitors include Alice Cooper, Michael Bolton, Peter Gallagher, Craig T. Nelson and Carson Daly, football stars Marshall Faulk and Eric Dickerson, baseball Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith and hockey great Grant Fuhr.
“I don’t come here to goof off,” Daly said. “I want to play well.”
DIVOTS: Mike Weir, the 2003 champion, has missed 16 consecutive cuts and has finished only one tournament _ a tie for 70th in the AT&T National in July 2011 _ in his last 28 events. … David Duval shot a 59 on PGA West’s Arnold Palmer Private Course in the final round of his 1999 victory. … Arnold Palmer won the inaugural event in 1960 and added victories in 1962, `68, `71 and `73.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.