- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
- GOP senators knock EPA power grab
- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
SUNDANCE 2013: THE 10 MOST BUZZED-ABOUT FILMS
From the most anticipated titles to potential breakouts and must-see docs, everything buyers need to get shopping in Park City.
THR COVER: NICOLE KIDMAN ON SEX SCENES, SCIENTOLOGY AND SAYING NO TO STUDIOS
Now 45 and happily married, the star of Sundance horror movie “Stoker” proclaims: “My heart is independent.”
`LINCOLN’ GETS TWEAKED FOR OVERSEAS RELEASE
The world has heard of the 16th President but not about his role in ending slavery, as a Steven Spielberg preamble and custom footage hope to lure in foreign audiences.
`LINCOLN’ SCORES SECOND `60 MINUTES’ PIECE AS `ZERO DARK THIRTY’ REBUFFED
CBS News’ Bill Owens says the show was “pitched hard,” but selling the Bin Laden manhunt as breaking news didn’t fly: “It’s not a documentary; it’s a movie.”
`ZERO DARK THIRTY’S’ SURPRISING TOP 10 THEATERS - DESPITE DIANE FEINSTEIN
Despite Senator’s slam, Bin Laden manhunt pic plays well in her backyard of Washington.
HOW TO FIX OSCAR’S BAFFLING SNUB OF BEN AFFLECK (ANALYSIS)
A write-in vote — not used since the 1930s — could add a mind-boggling twist to the most unpredictable Oscar race in memory.
4 WAYS OSCAR’S SETH MACFARLANE CAN OUT-FUNNY TINA FEY AND AMY POEHLER
The Globes hosts are a tough act to follow _ but MacFarlane can still raise the bar if he follows this advice.
INSIDE TINA FEY AND AMY POEHLER’S PRIVATE GOLDEN GLOBES AFTER-PARTY
Louis C.K. and Damian Lewis praised their performance as 200 A-listers rubbed shoulders at L.A.’s Soho House.
TV’S $200 MILLION CHARLIE SHEEN EXPERIMENT
Meet the two men who are trying to change the business with “Anger Management” — and make FX, Lionsgate and Sheen very rich in the process.
HOW LANCE ARMSTRONG’S OPRAH CONFESSION COULD LEAD TO HIS BANKRUPTCY (ANALYSIS)
Legal experts tell THR that the filing may be the only way to escape a tidal wave of millions of dollars in legal claims.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- CRUZ: 'Fahrenheit 451' Democrats
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener