- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
DRIESSEN: Obama’s wishful thinking on green energy
Fed crackdown on fracking ignores facts
Question of the Day
Rather than wasting billions more taxpayer dollars pursuing wishful energy policies, Mr. Obama, Congress, Mr. Cuomo and governors of other shale-rich states like California and Michigan should pursue energy reality, security and prosperity.
They should let states continue regulating hydraulic fracturing on private land, and make it easier to get drilling and fracking permits on federal land. That would ensure job creation, revenue generation, economic recovery and sensible protection of wildlife habitats and human health from the effects of petroleum, wind, solar and ethanol programs alike.
Paul Driessen is senior policy adviser for the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow and author of “Eco-Imperialism: Green Power, Black Death” (Merril Press, 2012).
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Get Breaking Alerts
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- Breaking Bad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say