- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
Notre Dame arrives for BCS title game
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (AP) - One team has made it to South Florida for the BCS championship and the other won’t be far behind.
With buses adorned in Notre Dame colors awaiting them on the tarmac, the plane carrying the top-ranked Fighting Irish landed Wednesday afternoon as they begin final preparations for Monday night’s national title matchup with No. 2 Alabama.
The Crimson Tide is scheduled to land in Miami later Wednesday.
Grand welcomes are planned for both teams, including water cannon sprays over their planes and greetings from local officials.
After that, the work for both resumes in earnest on Thursday. Both teams have three days of practice scheduled before a walkthrough at Sun Life Stadium on Sunday.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Vice reporter Simon Ostrovsky being held by east Ukraine militants: report
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.