- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Eva Longoria: Actress-turned-activist sees GOP immigration deal
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) — Actress-turned-activist Eva Longoria says Republicans have a moral, political and economic duty to compromise on immigration.
Miss Longoria is credited with helping bring Hispanic support to President Obama. She says everyone should be "engaged in a level that would affect policy" because "that's how our government is set up."
Hispanics voted 7-to-1 for Mr. Obama over his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney. Analysts say that while immigration is not the top issue for Hispanic voters, many were turned off by Republicans' hard-line stance on the issue.
During the GOP primary season, Mr. Romney touted self-deportation as a solution to the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States, and he said he would not let immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children to stay.
Miss Longoria spoke on ABC's "This Week."
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq