- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
Eva Longoria: Actress-turned-activist sees GOP immigration deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Actress-turned-activist Eva Longoria says Republicans have a moral, political and economic duty to compromise on immigration.
Miss Longoria is credited with helping bring Hispanic support to President Obama. She says everyone should be "engaged in a level that would affect policy" because "that's how our government is set up."
Hispanics voted 7-to-1 for Mr. Obama over his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney. Analysts say that while immigration is not the top issue for Hispanic voters, many were turned off by Republicans' hard-line stance on the issue.
During the GOP primary season, Mr. Romney touted self-deportation as a solution to the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States, and he said he would not let immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children to stay.
Miss Longoria spoke on ABC's "This Week."
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.