- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
Zadzooks: Lego Star Wars Rancor Pit review
Question of the Day
Read all about it: Dig back into Dark Horse Comics’ archive to 1995 for a sequential-art adaptation (originally published by Marvel Comics) of “Star Wars Episode 6, The Return of the Jedi,” available in trade paperback ($9.95).
What’s it worth: Lego’s Star Wars Rancor Pit is a worthy addition to a young builder’s collection. Its exquisite detail, logical assembly process (each numbered bag contains the exact pieces to build tied to the sections of the instruction manual) and welcomed mini-figures will not disappoint.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
A graduate of Northwestern University with a degree in communications, Joseph Szadkowski has written about popular culture for The Washington Times for the past 17 years. He covers video games, comic books, new media and technology.
- ZADZOOKS: Guardians of the Galaxy, Drax the Destroyer review
- ZADZOOKS: Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty review
- ZADZOOKS: Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet review
- ZADZOOKS: Sniper Elite III review
- Zadzooks: Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season Six review (Blu-ray)
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world