- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LPGA creates global competition with new event
“I’ve been asked many times whether we should add other countries or regions to the Solheim Cup,” he said. “One thing you learn quickly as commissioner when you go to the Solheim Cup is you’re not going to mess with that. … Korea wants to play Japan, not be teammates. This gives the fans what they want.”
While it will be a global competition, it likely will be staged in the United States.
After the inaugural event Caves Valley, it will move to Rich Harvest Farms west of Chicago _ site of the 2009 Solheim Cup _ for 2016. Whan said it would be played in July, which is the heart of the LPGA Tour’s domestic schedule.
“Our tour is so global and we need this type of event,” said Stacy Lewis, the LPGA Tour’s player of the year. “People always want to know why golfers from Asia are so good. Well, now we can see how all the countries stack up.”
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Judge voids N. Dakota's 'heartbeat' abortion law
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.