- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter's list of its 10 best stories of the week:
SUNDANCE 2013: WHAT'S BEHIND THE 7-FIGURE SPENDING
$9.75 million for "The Way, Way Back," $4 million for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Don Jon's Addiction," documentary prices are soaring -- why this year's deals are breaking records.
WHY THE MEDIA IS NO LONGER AFRAID OF SCIENTOLOGY (ANALYSIS)
THR's Kim Masters, in the wake of Lawrence Wright's best-selling exposé "Going Clear," writes of her own experiences covering the Church and how the Internet and Tom Cruise have helped thaw a chill on investigative reporting.
HOLLYWOOD CASHES IN ON THE LANCE ARMSTRONG DRAMA
Movies, TV deals and books will test the post-Oprah-confession market.
WHO'S PUTTING ACADEMY SCREENERS ONLINE?
Studios and indie distributors weigh investigating one guild member who's under suspicion.
SXSW REJECTED LINDSAY LOHAN'S `CANYONS' OVER `QUALITY ISSUES'
A festival insider tells THR the Paul Schrader-directed thriller has "an ugliness and a deadness to it."
THR COVER: HOLLYWOOD'S 25 TOP POWER LUNCH RESTAURANTS
More than 100 elite industry insiders, from executives to CEOs, weighed in on THR's inaugural ranking -- was it The Polo Lounge, e. baldi or Soho House that grabbed the top spot?
BOX OFFICE MILESTONE: `LIFE OF PI' CROSSES $500 MILLION WORLDWIDE
Ang Lee's 3D best picture Oscar nominee has made 80 percent of its haul internationally.
MTV'S "CATFISH": RATINGS SWELL AMID MANTI TE'O CONTROVERSY
Topping all cable broadcasts on Monday night among adults 18-49, the unscripted series matches its best performance since the November premiere.
DISNEY'S BOB IGER TALKS STEVE JOBS, LUCASFILM AND HIS BIGGEST FEAR
As part of HRTS' newsmaker luncheon series, Brian Grazer peppers the Disney CEO and chairman with questions about his appetite for risk and continued success atop the media giant.
TV PILOTS 2013: THE COMPLETE GUIDE
Projects from Joss Whedon, Chuck Lorre, Julie Plec, Mike Schur and Jason Katims highlight the comedy and drama offerings for the five broadcast networks as pilot and casting season gets under way.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq