- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- Dems’ new bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
Celtics PG Rondo tears right ACL; surgery expected
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - Boston Celtics star point guard Rajon Rondo has torn his anterior cruciate ligament, an injury that is expected to end his season.
The team made the announcement during Sunday's game against the Miami Heat. The Celtics had lost six in a row heading into the nationally televised game despite back-to-back triple doubles by the point guard who had been elected to start for the East in the Feb. 17 All-Star game in Houston.
Rondo reported to the TD Garden on Sunday for a pregame shootaround but was taken to a hospital after complaining of knee pain. The initial report was a hyperextended knee, but tests showed the ACL tear.
The injury usually takes up to a year for recovery. Surgery had not been scheduled as of Sunday afternoon, team spokesman Brian Olive said.
Rondo was averaging 13.7 points and 11.1 assists this season while the Celtics struggled to remain at .500. They entered the day with a 20-23 record, holding the eighth and final spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world