- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Quotes from the Screen Actors Guild Awards
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Quotes from the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
“I’m just so thrilled I have dental.” _ Best supporting actress winner Anne Hathaway after accepting her Screen Actors Guild award for her role in “Les Miserables.”
“Just tape the `Big Bang Theory’ for once, for crying out loud.” _ Best supporting comedy actress winner Tina Fey, whose show “30 Rock” is ending its run this week and is going up against a show more popular in the ratings.
“To me this has nothing to do with me, it has to do with the incredible people who were in this movie.” _ Ben Affleck, whose film “Argo” won for best movie cast.
“You can probably tell from my public speaking that I haven’t gotten that much advice. I’m still waiting to get a couple tips on how to shut up.” _ Best actress winner Jennifer Lawrence, joking backstage with reporters.
“We are so not expecting this. Ahhhh, shut the French Windows. Will somebody grab this?” _ Phyllis Logan, accepting the best drama ensemble Screen Actors Guild award for “Downton Abbey.”
“Oh, and my husband and my baby!” _ Best actress in a drama series winner Claire Danes, who shouted thanks to her family after her acceptance speech appeared to be over and her fellow actors had started clapping.
“Oooh, It is so good to be bad. I am so pleased and so honored to receive this award.” _ Best actor in a drama series winner Bryan Cranston, who received his first Screen Actors Guild Award on Sunday night for “Breaking Bad.”
“Oh my God. It’s ridiculous.” _ Alec Baldwin on his seventh consecutive Screen Actors Guild win for best male actor in a comedy series for “30 Rock.”
“I’m sorry sir to have overlooked you. I know how it feels.” _ Affleck, talking to a reporter backstage and referencing his Oscar snub.
“Aren’t we lucky that we found a line of work that doesn’t require growing up?” _ Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement award recipient Dick Van Dyke, who received a lengthy standing ovation from his fellow actors.
“Now I have this naked statue that means some of you even voted for me, and that is an indescribable feeling. Thank you.” Lawrence, speaking to fellow actors who awarded her a trophy for her performance in “Silver Linings Playbook.”
“I remember posing for this a while back.” _ Cranston, joking backstage with reporters while admiring his award, which is called The Actor.
Associated Press writers Anthony McCartney, Christy Lemire and Beth Harris contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq