- Atheists sue N.J. school over ‘under God’ in pledge of allegiance
- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
Morsi aide: Holocaust an American fabrication
A top aide to Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi said U.S. intelligence made up the Holocaust in order to wreck Germany’s public image during World War II, according to various media reports.
So what happened to the reported 6 million Jews who were killed by the Nazis? In a Fox News report, Fathi Shihab-Eddim, a senior aide to Mr. Morsi who’s authorized to appoint editors at the state-run newspapers, answered: They moved to the United States.
“The myth of the Holocaust is an industry that America invented,” he said in the Fox News report. “U.S. intelligence agencies in cooperation with their counterparts in allied nations during World War II created it to destroy the image of their opponents in Germany, and to justify war and massive destruction against military and civilian facilities of the Axis powers, and especially to hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki with the atomic bomb.”
This is not the first time a top Egyptian aide has made the outlandish claims.
In an exclusive interview with The Washington Times in July 2011, Ahmed Ezz El-Arab, the vice chairman of Egypt’s Wafd Party, called the Holocaust a “lie” and Jewish author Anne Frank’s firsthand account of her family’s hiding from the Nazis a “fake.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Atheists sue N.J. school over 'under God' in pledge of allegiance
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters 'clearly targeted me'
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: 'We will lose seats' this November
- Tea Party Express head steps down to aid Mitch McConnell challenger
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.