- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
BOX OFFICE 2012: 5 HARD LESSONS
Despite a record-breaking take of $10.8 billion, Hollywood executives have lots of reasons to worry _ from the fading power of stars to the end-of-year movie glut.
`ONCE UPON A TIME’ BOSSES TEASE MIDSEASON RETURN
“Death’s a big deal,” executive producer Edward Kitsis said of the fairy-tale drama’s midseason return.
AL GORE’S CURRENT TV SOLD TO AL JAZEERA
Time Warner Cable drops the low-rated network amid sale to the Qatar-based news organization.
BLACKS TURN OUT IN FORCE FOR QUENTIN TARANTINO’S `DJANGO UNCHAINED’
Debate over multiple uses of the N-word in the film doesn’t appear to be dampening moviegoers’ interest.
FROM ST. BARTS TO SAFARIS, HOW HOLLYWOOD SPENT ITS HOLIDAY VACATION
Where Haim Saban, Leslie Moonves, Dana Walden, Simon Cowell and other industry elites stayed and played during the December respite.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq