- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Beckham joins PSG, pledges to donate salary
“Right now, I have a few things to sort out with my children and the schooling and a few other things,” he said. “I have been training at Arsenal. My fitness won’t take long to get up to speed. I definitely won’t be fit for next Friday. A few weeks and I’ll be up to speed.”
Beckham said he was enticed by putting his salary to work in a novel way.
“It’s something I’m not sure has been done before, and it’s something I’m very passionate about, children and the charity side of things, and so are the club,” he said. “We came together and it’s something special.”
For the time being, Beckham will stay in a hotel, with his family staying in London.
“I think it’ll be easier for me,” he said. “Whatever’s easiest for me and the family when they come to watch me.”
“If I get the chance, then I’m sure we will share that thing. Whoever fancies it,” Beckham said. “I’ve done it in the past. I’ve been in teams with Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo and (Zinedine) Zidane _ trying to take a free kick off Roberto Carlos is pretty difficult. I expect with Ibra, it will be exactly the same.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again