- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Michael Shank Racing stripped of 3rd-place finish
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - The third-place finisher in last weekend’s Rolex 24 at Daytona has been hit with harsh penalties for a rules violation.
Grand-Am Road Racing stripped the No. 60 Ford Riley of Michael Shank Racing of its podium finish, $35,000 in prize money and 30 championship points.
The sanctioning body discovered mechanical adjustments to the car’s engine, which resulted in “performance levels outside the documented maximums.”
Shank says the team is “as surprised about this as anyone. We know that the guys will figure out what when wrong and make sure we are not in this position again.”
The No. 60 team, the 2011 Rolex winners, rallied from seven laps down this year and competed for the victory during the final laps of the endurance race.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again