- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
NRA president: Anti-gun advocates threatened to kill my kids
Question of the Day
In an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller, NRA President David Keene said gun-control activists threatened to kill his son and daughter.
The threats began soon after the Newtown, Conn., shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which thrust the NRA to the forefront of the gun control debate.
"Civility is only required of us, civility doesn't count for them," the NRA president told The Caller.
Mr. Keene also criticized President Obama's handling of the gun-rights debate.
The Caller is set to publish the interview on Monday, Feb. 4.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- British filmmakers ordered to provide gay, racial diversity on screen
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs