- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
HBO to make adaption of AIDS play
Question of the Day
PASADENA, CALIF. (AP) - Julia Roberts and Mark Ruffalo will star in an HBO movie adaptation of "The Normal Heart," the play about the onset of the AIDS crisis in New York City in the early 1980s.
HBO said Friday that Ryan Murphy, maker of "Eat Pray Love" and the TV show "Glee," will direct the film.
Larry Kramer's play about the men who joined him to help form the Gay Men's Health Crisis debuted in 1985 and was brought to Broadway again in 2011, winning a Tony Award for best revival.
Roberts will portray Dr. Emma Brookner, a paraplegic doctor who treated several of the earliest AIDS victims. Ruffalo plays Ned Weeks, who sought answers when he saw the disease begin to kill many gay people he knew.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- Breaking Bad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow